Be sure to try and utilize all the tags created for your website before trying to adjust secondary slots or creating new ones.
All Proper ad slots that are written to the page must adhere to Google's Ad Placement Policy
Tag Implementation Instructions
- Ensure the code is added within the
<head>portion of the site.
- The code should also be placed below the viewport
<meta>tag on your site. This allows the ads to see the width of the screen.
- The earlier the script is placed on the page, the faster the ads will load.
- Be sure to copy and paste exactly as it appears in the file, do not add or change anything.
Adding Our Ad Slots to Your Site
Ad tags should be placed in the
<body> of your website.
- If you already have ad slots, swap out your previous ad slots with the Proper Media ones
- If you don't already have ad slots, review the sequencing tips below to make sure you get them in the right order.
It's important to add only the code for the ad slots that will actually display on the page. Ad slots should not be hidden using display:none or other CSS that could result in an ad not displaying.
Note: our tags load asynchronously so they don't bog down page load speed.
Where Do They Appear
Ad slots cannot be used once per page. See Infinite Scroll for exceptions.
Ad slots can be used across all device and page types.
Ad Sizing Per Slot
Proper Media detects the browser width and height dynamically requests ad sizes based on the size of the window. You can see what ad sizes you have available per ad slot by looking in your dashboard, here is how to get there. If you would like to request a change to the sizes, reach out to your account manager.
Mobile Responsive Tags
The tags are responsive, so you can use the same tags for both desktop and mobile.
Other Articles You Might Also Be Interested In